Sunday, September 15, 2013

Finally! Pittsburgh

I haven't posted much in last couple days because I have not bought any new packs or made any trades. Plus, I am waiting on an Ebay purchase to hit the mailbox.  So, I am coming up with a theme to showcase some of my baseball cards.
Since the Pirates officially clinched a winning season for the first time in twenty years this past week, it gives me excuse to show you some of my Pirate cards.
Well, the star of the current team and NL MVP candidate is Andrew McCutchen. Here is the mahogany parallel to his Bowman Heritage rookie card:

The last time Pittsburgh had a winning team, Tim Wakefield was part of the rotation. Yes, to the younger audience, he was a Pirate. After failing to make the big leagues as an infielder, he became a successful knuckleball pitcher. For me, he is my all time favorite knuckler as I consider him the consummate teammate and professional and all around good guy. Here is his 1992 Fleer Update rookie:

And a trio of Pirate Hall of Famers:

Willie Stargell(1975 Topps Mini). Pops was the leader and star of the 1979 World Series team.

Roberto Clemente(1972 Topps). The superstar and great humanitarian was the MVP of the 1971 World Series

Bill Mazeroski (1962 Topps). Author one of the most famous home runs in baseball history and hero of the 1960 World Series championship.

There is some of my Pirates in my collections. Hopefully, I will be adding a Ralph Kiner card to it. Plus rookie cards of Dave Parker and Manny Sanguillen.

No comments:

Post a Comment