Tuesday, September 17, 2013

A vintage traded set and a mini box

Latest purchases from the local card shop or more like a baseball card thrift buys. A 1991 Topps Traded set for a whopping $3. Included in the set are rookie cards of future MVPs Jason Giambi, Ivan Rodriguez and Jeff Bagwell. Not bad really.  I had the Giambi already, so if anyone wants it, let me know.
But another rookie card in the set is of somebody else that I was a big fan of:
Yep, Charles Johnson, the former Florida Marlins catcher.  I always liked him and thought he would develop into a better hitter. But defensively, he was quite good.  4x Gold Glover, caught 3 no-hitters and once went through an entire season without committing an error.
My other $3 purchase was a box of 1986 Topps Mini. It's a nice little vintage set. Not worth much but is nice to look at:
Here is Ryne Sandberg:

Don Mattingly:
 



and my favorite photo from the set. Jack Morris:

 After I busted the packs, I was hoping for two complete sets, but I failed. Oh well. Got a whole bunch of extras. Any of you other collectors interested in any?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment