Thursday, February 13, 2014

More Dime Box Treasures

Got back from the local card shop today found some total treasures in the dime boxes.  I am not sure if the owner really pays attention what he has in these boxes.  I never thought I would pick the following cards up for a dime apiece:
Yep, I picked up each for 10 cents each. Including 2 of the Reyes and Posada Bowman's Best rookies each.  The dupes will become either trade bait or Ebay fodder. 
I also picked up junk wax rookies of Juan Gonzalez (Bowman), Kenny Lofton (1991 UD Final Edition), Jeff Kent (92 Pinnacle) and Tony Fernandez (Fleer). Which is more than I would expect to be in the dime boxes.
Also picked up 1986 Donruss Highlights card of Steve Carlton (one of a very few Giants card of him) and 1994 Upper Deck All Time Heroes of Yogi Berra for my Hall of Fame collection.  The Berra comes from a set I have always liked. Love the black border vintage look of it.  The card well also be a filler until I get a Berra card from his playing days.

1 comment:

  1. Nice dime box rookie cards like the Reyes, Bagwell and Posada Bowman.

    ReplyDelete