Sunday, February 9, 2014

2014 Topps

Bought my first few packs of 2014 Topps.  I always looked forward to the new Topps sets each year.  As it is a sign that spring is near and overall I do like the base Topps set.  Good player selection. Stats on the back and some nice photos on occasion as well.  They have gone overboard on the colored parallels though.

Speaking of stats, Topps included the WAR stat on the back of the cards.  I have written my distaste about this stat before on my baseball blog.
I have included two cards from 2014 Topps packs so far to my collection.  A couple last year cards, one of a future Hall of Famer and a borderline Hall of Famer.
The greatest closer of all time, Mariano Rivera of the New York Yankees.  Pictured coming  in the ninth for an attempt of another one of his record breaking saves.  I have Metallica's "Enter Sandman" playing in my head as I look at this card.
The other is Colorado Rockies' veteran Todd Helton.
One side note on the Rivera and Helton cards is the card numbers.  The Helton card is #17 and Rivera, #42.  Each player's uniform number.


1 comment:

  1. Hey, I have the Ausmus card from '93 Donruss on your want list. Shoot me an email w/your address and I can get it out to you. backstop (dot) cards (at) gmail (dot) com.

    ReplyDelete