Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Hall of Famer Hideo Nomo

1991 BBM #379

Yes, you are correct in thinking that Nomo did not get elected into baseball's hall of fame along with Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine and Frank Thomas.  But he his a hall of famer.  He was elected into the 2014 class of Japan's hall of fame even though he only played five years in Nippon Professional Baseball.
If you combine his stats between MLB and NPB, he passed both the 200 win and 3,000 strikeout marks.  I know the two leagues aren't really equal, but it is still quite an accomplishment.
The above card is my only Japanese card.  It is his base card from the 1991 BBM set and is widely considered to be his Japanese rookie card.  I have always been a fan of Nomo and found this card relatively cheap on Ebay, so I snagged it.  I am glad he was honored in Japan for their hall. 
Congratulations Nomo san.

No comments:

Post a Comment