Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Black History Month

It is February, which means it is also Black History Month.  I have always been a fan of the players from the Negro Leagues.  The players who didn't get a chance to play in the Majors only because of the color of their skin.
I am working on a collection of players from the Negro Leagues. Here is the ones I have (outside of a few I have as a part of a complete set elsewhere):
2005 Upper Deck Classics of Ray Dandridge
 2005 Helmar's of Turkey Stearnes
1999 UD Century Legends Josh Gibson
1994 Ted Willams Co. of Willard Brown
2013 Panini Cooperstown of Satchel Paige

By the way all the above players are members of the Hall of Fame.  I am missing some of other Hall of Famers and other promiment players.  I am also working on the 2001 Fleer Tradition Stitches in Time insert set.  My wantlist is on the right hand column.

No comments:

Post a Comment