Friday, June 13, 2014

Latest Acquired Autograph: ARod

I purchased an autograph from Ebay recently. I have been eyeing an auto card of ARod for awhile and finally I pulled the trigger.  Oh by the way, not THAT ARod, but of former Detroit Tiger thirdsacker Aurelio Rodriguez.

Aurelio Rodriguez was the Tigers 3B throughout the 70s and was best known for his good glove and greater arm and not his hitting.  His Gold Glove award in 1976 was 1st by someone not named Brooks Robinson since 1959. 
I personally never saw him play, but I am guessing he had to be real good defensively.  He did spend around 15 years in the majors with a career avg. of .237.
Sadly, he was hit by a car as a pedestrian in 2000 and passed away.  So picking up his autograph can be a bit pricey.  I have been patienly waiting for an signed card of him on EBay and found one with a decent price. Of course, I want one with him as a Tiger and picking one that comes over as legit.  I ended up with a 1972 Topps version:

He did not sign but the back.  Beggars can't be choosers I guess.  I suppose by signing the back it adds proof to the legitimacy of the autograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment