Monday, November 11, 2013

Trade with a fellow blogger

I recently pulled off my first ever trade with fellow baseball card collecting blogger. Shane over at Off The Wall . I shipped him some Red Sox and Allen and Ginter minis and got some Tigers in return.

Here is a couple cards that I received back. A rookie card of one time Tiger hitting coach, Toby Harrah. Not sure if he will return under new manager, Brad Ausmus.  I think he should get some consideration.  And this has been one of the worst baseball cards ever in term pictures.  Did they do a super closeup in order to hide the Washington Senators jersey(they moved to Texas during this offseason)?

1972 Topps
And the 1997 Fleer card of Alan Trammell.  This is his last year of cards as an active player. I am collecting some star players last year cards. Another blogger calls them sunset cards.  My criteria for these cards is that the back must show all their entire career stats on the back from the rookie year to their last game.  Some players do not have any because their final cards were made during the final year playing not the year after or the card itself doesn't show all their stats.  Here is the Trammell "sunset" card.


No comments:

Post a Comment